Yellowhead County works hard to provide you value for your hard-earned tax dollars. Council and Staff endeavour to ensure that you are provided with the highest level of service possible while considering the needs and expectations of Yellowhead County residents.
Your property tax includes taxes for a number of different authorities along with the tax amount that will fund services and capital projects within the County. Yellowhead County collects school taxes on behalf of the provincial government, designated industrial property assessment costs on behalf of the provincial government and funds for seniors housing on behalf of the Evergreens Foundation. The amount of the requisition by these bodies sets different components of the tax rate you see on your tax bill.
- Operations: $41,511,865
- Capital Projects: $55,901,372
- Contribution to local governments (Revenue & Cost Sharing): $12,164,140
- Contribution to County Reserves (for future capital): $2,809,526
Where do your County tax dollars go?
Yellowhead County Council’s operating and capital budget includes the following breakdown of expenditures for 2019:
- 43% of expenditures have been allocated towards infrastructure project and programs including roads, bridges, water, sewer, landfills and airport
- 15% of the budget has been allocated to Community Services programs for our residents
- 6% of the budget has been allocated to Protective Services programs for our residents
- 7% to Corporate and Planning Services
- 1% to go towards Council and general municipal business
- 9% of the budget has been allocated to cost/revenue sharing with the Towns of Edson & Hinton
- 19% of the budget goes to School Tax and Seniors Requisitions.