Transfer Stations & Landfills

During local fire restrictions and fire bans, Yellowhead County WILL NOT ACCEPT wood or other combustible items at County transfer sites.

Notice for County Residents!
Wildwood and Evansburg are moving to a new curbside bin collection system starting in January, 2021. More details below or here.

Transfer Station Locations

Yellowhead County has several transfer stations throughout Yellowhead County.

Help us by doing your part and deposit all refuse, old tires, used oil, plastics and other recyclable items at your nearest transfer site. It’s convenient and easy and you’ll feel glad that you did!

The attendant at each site will direct you.  Please contact the attendant prior to disposing of your items.  Information regarding the disposal of these and other odd-item wastes can be found above.  For more information, please contact Yellowhead County at 780-723-4800 or 1-800-665-6030.

Please be respectful of the attendants. Harassment, discrimination, or any form of retaliation, and such behaviours will not be tolerated.  Staff reserve the right to refuse service to anyone acting unacceptably. 

  • Locations


    NE 16-53-09-W5

    Turn South off of HWY 16 onto RR 93. Drive South Down RR 93. Turn right (West) onto TWP 533. The transfer site is 1/2 km West down TWP 533 on the left side of the road.


    NW 36-53-13-W5

    Turn North off of HWY 16 onto RR 131. Follow gravel road North to the end and the Transfer Station is on the right.


    • NW 10-54-14-W5
    • Turn North off of HWY 16 onto HWY 32. Go 6.8 km and turn right onto TWP 542. Follow the gravel road to the transfer site on the left.


    • SE 35-54-08-W5
    • Turn North off HWY 16 onto RR 75 (this is the entrance off HWY 16 to Evansburg). Follow RR 75 up to TWP 544. Turn left onto TWP 544. Go West and turn right onto RR 81. Follow RR 81 North up to transfer on the left.


    • SE 29-53-15-W5
    • Turn North off HWY 16 onto RR 154. Go approximately 2.5 km to the first intersection TWP 534. The transfer site is first left after the intersection.


    • NW 07-53-19-W5
    • Turn North off HWY 16 onto RR 195A into Marlboro. At first “Lakeside Store” sign follow the road to the left. At the store, the road turns right and runs parallel to the lake (gravel road). Follow road 1.5 km to transfer station on the right.


    • NW 25-52-23-W5
    • Take HWY 16 56 km West from Edson. Go past RR 224A (Obed Hamlet) an extra 6.0 km. The transfer site is just off HWY 16 on the Southside.


    • NW 01-51-26-W5
    • Turn North off HWY 16 onto Hwy 40 towards Grande Cache. Turn right off HWY 40 at the turnoff to the Hinton/Entrance Airport (TWP 510A). Go 50 meters and take the right fork in the road. Continue another 500 meters to the transfer station on the left.


    • SE 22-50-27-W5
    • Turn North off HWY 16 onto HWY 40 to Grande Cache. Turn left onto Brule Road. Transfer site is 16 km on the left.


    • NW 29-49-26-W5
    • Take HWY 16 West of Hinton to Folding Mountain Resort (campground on left). Go an extra .5 km and turn right off HWY 16. This gravel road does a hairpin towards the East. Follow the gravel road 2.3 km to transfer the site on right.


    • NW 10-55-12-W5
    • Turn North off HWY 16 onto RR 130 (main entrance into Niton Junction). Stay on RR 130 up to TWP 552. Transfer station on the left. Please note RR 130 will change to RR 125A, 124 and 123. The transfer site’s actual location is RR 123 and TWP 552.

    Bear Lake

    • NE 03-55-15-W5
    • From Edson: Turn North off HWY 16 onto RR 171 (Weyerhaeuser Rd.). Follow RR 171 for approximately 2 km to HWY 748 (Bear Lake Road). Turn East on HWY 748. Go 25 km to TWP 550A. The transfer site is on the left. From Peers: Turn North off HWY 16 onto HWY 32. Follow HWY 32 past Peers. Turn left onto HWY 748 (Bear Lake Road). Go 12.4 km to TWP 550A. The transfer site is on the right.


    • SW 23-49-21-W5
    • Turn left off HWY 16 onto HWY 47 South to Robb (By Branch Corner) follow HWY 47 South and take first turn off (left) into Robb. Go straight across CN tracks, go 100 meters and turn left. Follow this road past the Robb Ranger Station on right and then take your next right. The transfer station is on the left.


    • NE 22-47-23-W5
    • From Robb: Take HWY 47 South from Robb. Go 8.8 km and turn right at Cadomin turn off onto HWY 40 North. Stay on HWY 40 North for 26 km. The transfer station is on the left. From Hinton: Turn off HWY 16 onto HWY 40 South (left). Stay on HWY 40 South for 50 km. At the T intersection turn left towards Robb. Stay on this road for 4.8 km. Transfer station is on the right.


    • SW 32-53-11-W5
    • Turn North off of HWY 16 onto HWY 751. Drive 1 km North to TWP 535A. Turn left onto TWP 535A and follow gravel to the end.
  • Transfer Station Hours

    In an effort to reduce liability and encourage reusing and recycling initiatives, Yellowhead County transfer stations have implemented set hours of operation. All sites are available to all County residents during operating hours. Proof of residency may be required.

    PLEASE NOTE: Access is not permitted after posted hours.


    Transfer Site Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
    Parkcourt 12:00 – 8:00     10:00 – 6:00   12:00 – 8:00  
    Wildwood     10:00 – 6:00   12:00 – 8:00   10:00 – 6:00
    Mackay 10:00 – 2:00     12:00 – 4:00      
    Niton Junction 3:00 – 7:00   12:00 – 4:00     8:00 – 4:00  
    Hattonford         12:00 – 4:00   9:00 – 5:00
    Peers   9:00 – 1:00   2:00 – 6:00     11:00 – 7:00
    Bear Lake 10:00 – 6:00   12:00 – 4:00        
    Pinedale   2:00 – 6:00 9:00 – 1:00   11:00 – 7:00
    Marlboro     12:00 – 4:00 4:00 – 8:00 12:00 – 8:00
    Obed   4:00 – 8:00   1:00 – 9:00      
    Entrance       2:00 – 6:00     10:00 – 6:00
    Brule     12:00 – 8:00   4:00 – 8:00   12:00 – 8:00
    Overlander 12:00 – 4:00     4:00 – 8:00      
    Cadomin 2:00 – 8:00     2:00 – 6:00     10:00 – 6:00
    Robb 12:00 – 8:00   12:00 – 8:00       10:00 – 6:00
    Hinton   9:00 – 5:00 9:00 – 5:00 9:00 – 5:00 9:00 – 5:00 9:00 – 5:00 9:00 – 2:00

    All County sites will be closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, & New Year’s Day. Hinton Regional is closed on all Sundays and Statutory Holidays.

  • Cost & General Information

    There is no charge for Yellowhead County residents to use the transfer site services. Our goal is to encourage waste to make its way to landfills and alleviate any extra stress to our environment by eliminating garbage being dumped into our pristine backyard.

    Yellowhead County residents regularly produce common household wastes. Food wastes, personal hygiene items, paper products, plastic or other packaging and containers, along with many other similar materials are produced on a daily basis and need to be safely disposed of weekly or bi-weekly.  For the convenience of ratepayers, all sites are designed to accept these materials during all open hours. Some pre-sorting of easily divertible materials which can be recycled (paper fibre, including cardboard) or safely incinerated (clean wood products) will be required before disposal.  All sites also accept some hazardous recyclables including lead-acid batteries and used motor oil (up to 20 litres per visit) that are accepted during all open hours.

  • Odd-items for Disposal

    From time to time, most residents also have odd-items for disposal.  Construction and demolition materials, used tires, large appliances and other scrap metals cannot be handled in the same fashion as common household waste.  Some of these materials, like concrete or metals, can damage transfer equipment. Others, like tires and some scrap metals, can be recycled at a lower cost than burial.  Still others, like appliances containing refrigerants, are subject to special handling by Federal or Provincial Law. For the convenience of ratepayers, a network of selected waste management facilities was designated for the acceptance of large, odd-item wastes.

    The network of odd-item disposal facilities include:  Robb, Marlboro, Peers, Wildwood, Parkcourt and the Hinton Regional Sanitary Landfill.  All six (6) sites accept residential volumes of:

    • Tires
    • Metals in a four-way sort including:
      • Lead-Acid Batteries
      • Auto Hulks
      • White Metals (or white goods, those crushable metals including appliances with a metal wall thickness of less than one-eighth (1/8” inch).
      • Heavy Scrap Metals (those rigid, non-crushable metals with a wall thickness of one-eighth (1/8”) inch or greater). 

    Added for ratepayer convenience, is limited acceptance of some additional odd item wastes.  Some rigid, non-recyclable “dry” waste items may require separate handling. Please follow the attendant’s direction.

    • Dead animals are accepted only at Hinton Regional and only with prior notice.
    • Toxic, hazardous or liquid wastes are not accepted at any sites.
  • Wood Disposal & Fire Hazards

    Wood products are not accepted at transfer sites during high wildfire hazard bans or fire permit restrictions.

    • During a fire ban or fire permit restrictions, residents are asked to keep any wood at their own properties until all the fire restrictions are lifted. The County is unable to safely burn the wood piles at the transfer station at this time, and the build-up of fuel stockpiles creates a large fire hazard for wildfires.
  • Items Accepted at Transfer Stations

    The following presorted items will be accepted at all the transfer sites and the Hinton Regional Landfill:

      • Household Waste
      • Household Recycling
      • Used Oil
      • Lead-Acid Batteries
      • Clean Burnable Wood Products (except Entrance)
      • Compostable Yard Wastes (except Entrance)
      • Propane Tanks (30 lbs. and under)

    The following odd-items are accepted only at designated sites:

      • Scrap metal, tires, appliances, and vehicle hulks will be accepted at the Parkcourt, Wildwood, Peers, Marlboro and Robb transfer stations and the Hinton Regional landfill.
      • Construction and demolition rubble will be accepted at the Parkcourt, Wildwood, Peers, Marlboro and Robb transfer stations and the Hinton Regional Landfill.
      • Empty, triple rinsed pesticide and herbicide containers will be accepted at Parkcourt, Wildwood and Peers.
      • Electronics Recycling (televisions, computers, servers, laptops, tablets, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines) will be accepted at Parkcourt, Wildwood and Peers.
  • Sani Dump Sites

    There are numerous sani dump sites for recreational vehicle users available across the county. Yellowhead County has several free ones available, in addition to the other free sani dump stations. There are also several sani dump sites for a fee or for registered users at various private campgrounds.

    More info on our Sani Dump page

  • WYR Landfill (Hinton)

    West Yellowhead Regional (WYR) Landfill in Hinton

    The Landfill is located 4 kilometres southwest of Hinton on Highway 40. 

    There is no cost for Yellowhead County residents, with the exception of $20 charge per mattress.

    (780) 865-1414 

    Click here to view hours, accepted items, and more.

  • Edson Landfill

    Edson Landfill

    Please visit for days and hours. Location: Heading west on 4th Avenue turn left (south) on 54 Street. Follow this road south across railway tracks all the way to the landfill.

    (780) 723-6476

After Hours Emergency Number For Utilities, Bylaw Enforcement, Transportation: