Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Appointed by and reporting to Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) administers the business affairs of the municipality. As the administrative head of the County, the CAO provides guidance and advice to Council, oversees the senior executive team, and directs the overall planning, budgeting, management, and evaluation of all aspects of the County.
The CAO implements the strategic plan, policies, and programs approved by Council and does so in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, the bylaws of the County, and all other applicable legislation.
Other responsibilities include:
- ensures all County services and programs run smoothly and in a professional, effective, and efficient manner in order to meet the expectations of both the community and Council
- be the principal liaison between the Municipal Council and staff
- provide leadership to the municipal workforce
- ensure effective financial and administrative systems are in place
- develop and maintain key relationships with other municipal and provincial organizations
- plan for the future, by ensuring that services and programs are developed and implemented to meet the changing and evolving needs of the community
CAO Luc Mercier, CLGM, AMAA, was appointed to the Chief Administrative Officer position for Yellowhead County on March 9, 2021, and took office on April 5, 2021.
- Call the Yellowhead County Office in Edson by phone at (780) 723-4800 or toll free at 1-800-665-6030.
- Email CAO Luc Mercier