The FCSS program provides a number of youth services focused on providing quality programs throughout Yellowhead County which are based on recreation, social, education and health.
Our programs provide direct programming throughout the County for Children andYouth. They include:
Children’s Programs Facilitates and/or provides activities for children 6-12 years old in cooperation with community groups and schools throughout the County.
Kounty Kids Preschool
- This licenced preschool program is open to children ages 3-5. The Program serves residents of Marlboro, Miller’s Lake, Bickerdike and Edson on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Kounty Kids Preschool is made possible through contract funding with North Central Child and Family Services.
- Youth Programs: Facilitates programs and/or provides activities that are of a preventative and educational nature for Youth aged 13-18 years old in cooperation with community groups and schools throughout the county.
- Facilitates programs and/or provides activities that are of a preventative and educational nature for Youth aged 13-18 years old in cooperation with community groups and schools throughout the county.
Kids In The Hall (KITH)
Provides after school programming for children in Marlboro, Fulham and Niton Junction. This program is open to all youth in Marlboro.
County Kids Awesome Adventure Camps
Yellowhead County FCSS summer camps are designed to keep your children/youth active and engaged throughout the summer. Each week focuses on a specific theme and features hands-on activities, leadership opportunities, and a chance to socialize with peers and learn new skills.
Family Movie Nights and Field Trips
- FCSS hopes to encourage and enable families to spend quality time together doing affordable and low-stress activities such as family field trips and movie nights. This also provides families with the opportunity to get together and meet old and new friends.
- The ParentLink initiative serves 200 communities across Alberta, providing low- to no-cost support services to parents and their children. The program is offered in a number of Yellowhead County communities, including Marlboro, Niton Junction, Peers, Robb, and others. Your local ParentLink programming is brought to you by Yellowhead County’s FCSS.
- Family Outreach provides information and referrals on services available to families, supports that are available to them, individual family programming, emergency counselling and ongoing provision of workshops and speakers to improve and support family relationships. Family Outreach has been made possible through a contract with Edmonton and Area Child and Family Services. The boundaries for services are Highway 751 East to Range Road 50.