2-1-1 Community Resource
FCSS Support Groups
Did you know that Yellowhead County FCSS offers several support groups? We have groups for Caregivers who may be in need of some support, and for those dealing with a loved one who has Alzheimer’s.
Caregiver Support Group
This is a valuable opportunity for caregivers to get together and talk about their caregiving journey in a safe and confidential environment. Caregivers can be caring for their parents, their spouses, an elderly friend, a family member, or their children.
Join us for these free in-person & online confidential group sessions:
2023: September 19, October 17, November 21, December 19
2024: January 16, February 20, March 19, April 16, May 21, June 18
Take this opportunity to learn from others who are experiencing the same challenges and stresses.
Join us at the Yellowhead County Wildwood Office or online via Zoom every third Tuesday at 4:00 PM.
Alzheimer Support Group
Seeing a loved one deal with Alzheimer’s can be stressful and difficult, but you’re not alone. Yellowhead County FCSS & Parkland County offer an Alzheimer Support Group, with both in-person and online group sessions.
The sessions are Free and offered on a drop-in basis.
Meet with others that are going through the same challenges and stresses as you.
The group meets in a safe and confidential environment once a month at the Tipple Park Museum or online via Zoom!
2023: September 20, October 18, November 15, December 20
2024: January 17, February 21, March 20, April 17, May 15, June 19
Time: 4:00 PM
Emotional Safe Spot
Residents can now call on Yellowhead County staff to anonymously speak about mental health. Call 780-325-3782.
Other Helpful Numbers and Resources
- 911 – Emergency Services: Ambulance, Fire, and Police (24 hrs)
- 811 – Health Link: Free nurse advice and general health information (24 hrs)
- 1-866-332-2322 – Addiction Services Helpline (24 hrs)
- 1-866-710-7848 – AlbertaQuits Helpline (8am – 8pm)
- 1-888-456-2323 – Bullying Helpline (24 hrs)
- 1-800-387-5437 – Child Abuse Hotline (24 hrs)
- 310-1818 – Family Violence Information Line (24 hrs)
- 1-866-644-5135 – Income Support Contact Centre (financial help for Albertans who don’t have resources to meet basic needs such as food clothing, shelter) (24 hrs)
- 1-800-668-6868 – Kids Help Phone (24 hrs)
- 1-877-303-2642 – Mental Health Helpline (24 hrs)