Sasquatch and Partners want to welcome you to Yellowhead County.
Keeping this area in its natural state benefits all of us, not only for us to enjoy, but also for our children and grandchildren to use and appreciate.
Did you find Sasky in the Visitor Guide?
Sasky the Sasquatch has been hiding out in both the Edson Area Visitor Guide and the Hinton and Area Visitor Guide.
To enter our Find Sasky Visitor Guide Contests:
1. Pick up a copy of the Visitor Guides
2. Find all the Sasky the Sasquatches in the guide
3. Go to Facebook and find the Sasky the Sasquatch page (@SaskyDaSasquatch) and private message us with the pages he’s hiding on. You can enter once for each guide!
Summer Explorer Passport Photo Contest!
Go explore Yellowhead County, snap some photos, and enter to win! Visit these amazing places to visit in Yellowhead County! Every photo submitted is entered into the draw! Full details on the Summer Explorer Passport Photo Contest!
Sasky the Sasquatch is out and about in Yellowhead County and the Alberta Northern Rockies and Foothills welcoming visitors to his backyard and reminding everyone to ‘Keep it Clean!”
Make sure you check out some of the amazing things to do and places to see in Yellowhead County!
Sasquatch approved recreation tips:
- Control your campfire and make sure it’s out when you leave.
- Keep campsites at least 100 metres from oil and gas facilities.
- Stay on existing trails with off-road vehicles and share the trails with all users. Horses, hikers, and mountain bikers.
- Don’t disturb environmentally sensitive areas such as creeks, wetlands, trees, and shrubs.
- Respect wildlife.
- Please pack out ALL garbage & recyclables.
Rules for Recreational Activities on Crown Land in Yellowhead County
This Government of Alberta’s Guide to Outdoor Recreation on Crown Land covers everything you need to know for a memorable, safe and legal trip to Alberta’s backyard.