UPDATE: Carts and information flyer will be delivered to residents during the week of January 18th.
The hamlets of Wildwood and Evansburg are moving to a new curbside waste collection system. Yellowhead County contracted GFL Environmental to carry out the new curbside, automated, household waste collection.
Waste pick-up will be moving to large bins that are mechanically picked up by the garbage truck for regular residential pick-up. The containers will be provided by GFL and dropped off at each resident’s property before the new program starts, so keep an eye out for your new bin. Each bin will be assigned to a residential property and is tied to that property.
You will need to put your bin out for regular garbage pick-up on your collection day at the same spot where your bin was dropped off at.
The schedule for residential hamlet garbage pick-up will remain the same as the current dates, and bins must be outside at the curb by 7:00AM on your collection day.
Collection Information Tips & Requirements
• Bins are for regular household waste
• Carts must be curbside before 7:00 am on your collection day, wheels against the curb, and the arrow pointing towards the street.
• Please completely close the lids.
• Make sure there is at least one-metre space in all directions around the bin.
• Bins are to be removed from the street by 11 pm on pick-up day
• All pick-up locations (front of property or alleyway) will remain at the spots where you currently place your garbage bin.
If there is no defined curb on your property, the bins are to be placed at the end of your driveway (on the street) or flush with the roadway.
• Snow removal does NOT impact waste collection. Please put bins out as usual, even when snow removal signs are out.
• All contents should be bagged and placed inside the bin.
• Overflowing carts will not be collected.
• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle to decrease the amount of waste created in your household.