The hamlets of Wildwood and Evansburg have moved to a new curbside waste collection system. Yellowhead County contracted GFL Environmental to carry out the new curbside, automated, household waste collection.
January 28, 2020 Update: All residents should have received their new bin. If you have not received it, please contact Yellowhead County.
Collection Information Tips & Requirements
• Bins are for regular household waste
• Carts must be out and ready before 7:00 AM on your collection day.
• You will need to put your bin out for regular garbage pick-up on your collection day at the previous location where your garbage was picked up.
• Bins must be facing the street or alleyway (depending on pickup locations) with the arrows pointing towards the street (or alley).
• Please completely close the lids.
• Make sure there is at least one-metre space in all directions around the bin.
• Bins are to be removed from the street by 11 pm on pick-up day
• If there is no defined curb on your property, the bins are to be placed at the end of your driveway (or property line for alleyway pickup) and flush with the roadway.
• Snow removal does NOT impact waste collection. Please put bins out as usual, even when snow removal signs are out.
• All contents should be bagged and placed inside the bin.
• Overflowing carts will not be collected.
• Reduce, reuse, and recycle to decrease the amount of waste created in your household.