Yellowhead County’s Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Department is looking for public input about FCSS programs and services! We want to hear from you to better serve our residents’ needs going forward.
To fill out our quick and anonymous online survey, click here. Survey ends June 21st.
Curious about what FCSS is? It’s an 80/20 funding partnership between the Government of Alberta and Yellowhead County. It’s based on a shared understanding that municipalities are in the best position to assess community needs and set priorities, as well as support individuals, families, and communities through preventative social programs and services.
How does FCSS serve your community? Our programs and services are preventative in nature and focus on these core ideas:
- Helping people develop independence, strengthen coping skills, and become more resistant to crises.
- Helping individuals and communities assume responsibility for decisions and actions that affect them.
- Supporting people in developing skills to have healthy relationships with others.
- Providing supports that help people participate in the community.
- Building awareness of social needs.