Building Permit Information

Yellowhead County does not provide Building Permits. To obtain a building permit, contact these agencies authorized by the Alberta Safety Codes Authority to issue Building permits and provide Compliance Monitoring in non-accredited municipalities. Prior to contacting any of the following, have your rural address and legal land location available.

  • Authorized Building Permit and Compliance Monitoring Agencies

    Agencies authorized by the Alberta Safety Codes Authority to issue permits and provide Compliance Monitoring in non-accredited municipalities

    Agency Name Phone Fax/Email Building Permits Electrical Permits Gas Permits Plumbing Permits
    Canadian Safety Consulting 780-897-1998

    1-877-780-7233 Yes No No No
    IJD Inspections Ltd. 403-346-6533



    Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Superior Safety Codes Inc. (Edmonton) 780-489-4777



    Yes Yes Yes Yes
    The Inspections Group Inc. 780-454-5048



    Yes Yes Yes Yes
  • General Information for Building and Private Sewage Development:

    Municipal Affairs Safety Service
    Phone: 1-866-421-6929

Other Contacts You May Need:

*Make sure you have your Rural Address and Legal Land Location before you call!

  • Electric, Gas, Communications, & AB One-Call Contacts:

    • For electrical service to most properties in Yellowhead County, contact Fortis Alberta at 310-WIRE (9473). If you have a rural property at the east end of the County, your property may be serviced by EQUS. Their phone number is 1-888-627-4011.

    • For natural gas service to properties located from Range 13 and west, contact Yellowhead Gas Co-op at 780-723-4214; from Range 12 and east, contact TRL Gas Co-op at 780-727-3732. For the Hamlets, you should contact ATCO Gas at 1-780-542-7448 (Drayton Valley).

    • For landline telephone connection call TELUS at 310-2255 (residential use) or 310-3100 (commercial use).

    • Contact Alberta One-Call at 1-800-242-3447 with regard to the location of underground facilities.

Yellowhead County provides this information as a service to current and potential residents. It is provided as a guide only and information may be incorrect or out-of-date. For any questions or concerns contact individual companies directly.