Contractor Safety Agreement
Yellowhead County has an Employee Health and Safety Policy. Overall, the Policy indicates that the County is committed to a strong safety program that protects its staff, its property and the public from accidents.
However, in order for the program to succeed it requires Managers, Supervisors, Workers and contractors to all be responsible and accountable for the overall safety initiatives.
Complete and active participation by everyone, everyday, in every job is necessary for the safety excellence the County expects. An injury and accident free workplace is our goal. In order to meet this goal Yellowhead County is committed to meeting or exceeding the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation & Code.
The contractor safety packages can be picked up at the Yellowhead County Edson and Wildwood office available in both hard copy or CD, but please call ahead to confirm CD availability.
Yellowhead County’s Contractor Safety Agreement is presented to all contractors who perform services on any Yellowhead County owned, leased or otherwise controlled premises.
Before the Contractor begins performance of the contracted services a signed copy of the Agreement and the following information must be acknowledged.
This Agreement is not intended to be all inclusive, but rather a guide for the contractor. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to ensure that all safety rules and good safety practices including Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and the Yellowhead County Health and Safety Policy are followed when working on County owned, leased or otherwise controlled premises. The Contractor will provide the necessary safety equipment to perform the required service in such a manner as to eliminate the cause of personal injuries and accidents.
- Promote health and safety awareness.
- Cooperate with the municipality in all matters of health and
- Follow safe work practices and procedures.
- Comply with all municipal safety procedures.
- Advise the appropriate municipal personnel of any safety
- matters that may impact on the operations of the municipality.
- Provide the municipality with a copy of the contractors/contract
- services health and safety program as applicable to the job.
- Set a good example.
- Conduct regular inspections of your work area.