Multiple areas of Yellowhead County have been evacuated due to several wildfires. These areas include:
- East Yellowhead County, starting at the Pembina River and going west to Range Road 101. North border is Twp Rd 550 and south border is Twp Rd 520. This includes the communities of Evansburg, Wildwood, Lobstick, and Hansonville.
- North and west areas of Wildwood, from Twp Rd 544 north to Twp Rd 560, west to Rge Rd 110 and east to Highway 22.
- Brazeau Dam area, west of the Brazeau River. The evacuation area is bounded by Elk River Road on the north, the Brazeau Reservoir on the east, and Range Road 145 on the west.
– A Reception Centre for Evacuees is at the Edson & District Leisure Centre in Edson at 1021 49 Street. The Reception Centre will be open overnight.
– A meeting *for evacuees only* will be held at the Edson & District Leisure Centre on May 5, 2023 at 12 PM (Noon). All important information from this meeting will also be shared online on our Facebook page and website (www.yhcounty.ca).
– Evacuees with further questions or who haven’t registered can contact our Emergency Information Line at 1-833-334-4630. This line will remain open overnight.
PHOTO: Captain Corinne Grant briefs YCFD crews at Station 9 in Wildwood during a shift change.
Find more information (such as fire size or perimeter) on from Alberta Wildfire for the Edson Forest Area at https://srd.web.alberta.ca/edson-area-update
You can also find more information on our website at www.yhcounty.ca or on Facebook
REMINDER: The Yellowhead County Fire Permit Area is under a Fire Ban. No fires are permitted (including campfires and backyard firepits) and all fire permits are cancelled. No new permits will be issued.