As concerns for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) grow, we would like to remind residents, and, according to Alberta Health Services, fourteen cases of Coronavirus (all travel related) have been found in Alberta at this time, to please continue to take the usual precautions to prevent flu viruses: wash hands often, cover coughs and sneezes, and stay home if you are feeling ill. Our Emergency Management & Protective Services Department is continuing to monitor the situation.
The current risk level in Alberta is low.
Risk is determined by assessing how likely Albertans are to be exposed to the virus in the province. Currently, Albertans have a very low chance of contracting COVID-19. If this changes in the coming weeks, the risk level in Alberta will be updated accordingly.
For more Covid-19 related Yellowhead County and provincial information go to www.yhcounty.ca/covid
*As with everything Covid-19 related, this is for reference only. For the most up to date information visit www.alberta.ca/covid and AB Health online (www.abhealthservices.ca).
Stockpiling of goods is not recommended at this time. While it’s always best practice to have three days worth of supplies on-hand, we are not recommending Albertans purchase excessive food or other materials in bulk.
Prevent the Spread
Influenza and other common viruses remain the most likely cause of a respiratory infection.
To protect yourself and others:
- use good hygiene practices, such as frequent handwashing
- cover coughs and sneezes
- avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- If you are sick, wearing a mask helps prevent passing the illness on to other people. But, if you’re healthy, medical masks don’t provide sufficient protection and are not recommended as they can create a false sense of security
- Call Health Link or Health Link 811 if you have symptoms after recent travel
Yellowhead County has Canadian Red Cross 72-hour Emergency Kits for sale. They are 2-person kits for $135.00 each and available to purchase by contacting our Wildwood office at 1-800-814-3935 or (780) 325-3782.